The more I lean on the things outside, the more I grow weaker inside;
The more I look to the things outside, the more I grow blinder inside;
The more I long for the things outside, the more I grow emptier inside;
The more I live for the things outside, the more I keep dying inside;
The more I'm led by the things outside, the more I lose direction inside:
You never can be found in the things outside, for You live inside of me,
And You groan and You long that I be changed in the inside totally;
So, help me Father to lean on, look to, long for, live for, and be led by only You completely.
Published in REVIVE, May 2012 (Malayalam Edition) A simple and literal definition of “theology” would be “the science of divine things”. It comes from two Greek words theos meaning “God” and logia meaning “discourse or speech”. In modern times, it is the stream of knowledge that differentiates the secular pursuit of knowledge from the sacred one because of its starting point: all secular studies begin with reason and experience while theology begins with faith. The starting point for all extra-theological studies is the world (Latin: saeculum); the starting point for theology is the Word of God. So, while one may say that theology is the study of God, the factual definition would be that theology is the science that rationally pursues the understanding of the self-revelation of God in the Scriptures. It would be interesting to note that many of the universities had originally begun as seminaries and theology was once known as the Queen of Sciences. However, with the dawn of theAge of E...
Comments
Post a Comment