A little boy plays with his little toy; I see in his eyes, dreams. A little girl gazes at her little pearl; I see in her eyes, dreams. A hungry kid lifts up a garbage lid; I see in his eyes, dreams. A shivering child stares at the winter wild; I see in her eyes, dreams. A young lass looks herself in the glass; I see in her eyes, dreams. A young lad peruses through the latest fad; I see in his eyes, dreams. A young man thinks of them all and the call; I see in his eyes, dreams. |
Published in REVIVE, May 2012 (Malayalam Edition) A simple and literal definition of “theology” would be “the science of divine things”. It comes from two Greek words theos meaning “God” and logia meaning “discourse or speech”. In modern times, it is the stream of knowledge that differentiates the secular pursuit of knowledge from the sacred one because of its starting point: all secular studies begin with reason and experience while theology begins with faith. The starting point for all extra-theological studies is the world (Latin: saeculum); the starting point for theology is the Word of God. So, while one may say that theology is the study of God, the factual definition would be that theology is the science that rationally pursues the understanding of the self-revelation of God in the Scriptures. It would be interesting to note that many of the universities had originally begun as seminaries and theology was once known as the Queen of Sciences. However, with the dawn of theAge of E...
Comments
Post a Comment